How can you tell the differences between good online casinos and bad ones? What is it about the good ones that make them stand out? If you are new to internet gambling, or just haven’t had much luck with it yet, then you need to learn how to compare them. Some of the comparison will depend on your own personal preferences, like the games you enjoy playing and what type of prizes you are after.
Here are a few tips in finding a good casino site:
- Check out the banking options and features. Some gambling websites accept UK players only, some accept US players only, and some accept both. Even after you find one that will accept players from your country, you still need to see what type of payments it accepts. Unfortunately, not every bank will allow transactions to go through such websites, so you may have to settle with an alternative payment method, such as Ecash, NETeller, EcoCard, or MoneyGram.
- Watch out for sign up bonus scams. While undoubtedly an important aspect of any online casino or bingo site, sign up bonuses often have a lot of conditions and restrictions attached to them. Do you really think an online casino site is going to give you tons of free money for nothing? Read the terms and conditions and/or FAQ, and you will probably see information on how you must still wager a lot of money in the long run in order to cash out. Nevertheless, some bonuses are worth signing up for, just as long as there aren’t too many restrictions attached to it.
- Look for certified casinos. There are many casino watchdogs online, some of which are third party. The one that most people seem to trust the most is ECOGRA, so if you come across any ECOGRA site, there is a good chance it is trustworthy. While there is never no real way of knowing whether or not an online casino is 100% trustworthy all the time, if it is certified by highly respected watchdogs, there is a good chance that it’s fair.
- Another thing you need to check into is the site’s registration procedure. A good casino will make you go through at least some hoops in registering, and although it may be annoying, it is for your own safety. The website must do a good identity check when you sign up for an account. Some sites only ask for basic information, which means that they don’t take player safety very seriously.
- Good online casinos must be reliable with payouts. You can avoid being scammed by NOT signing up at a casino that claims to give out huge amounts of money for just a measly deposit and low-wagering requirements. These are obviously scams, so beware. Look for websites that offer good, but reasonable prizes that don’t seem too good to be true.